Private Tour - The best of Rhodes and Lindos
The best of Rhodes and Lindos
Duration: 4-6 hours Hotel / port / airport pickup Free cancellation
1-4 people Premium Car from 190 euros
1-4 people Luxury Car from 220 euros
4-6 people Mini Bus from 240 euros
4-8 people Mini Bus from 260 euros
2-7 people Stretched Limousine from 500 euros
Do you visit Rhodes by cruise ship or you have limited time?
With the Best of Rhodes and Lindos Private tour you will see the most important sights and you will understand why Rhodes is called, among others, the Emerald Island.
Private tour Rhodes and Lindos
Your private chauffeur will pick you up and your family from the airport / cruise port / or your place of residence
• Your tour begins by entering the medieval city of Rhodes through the D’Amboise gate. Walk over the impressive moat and come to the palace of the Grand Master of the 14th century. Visit for close-up photos of the imposing space and the nearby monuments. Then take a walk on the Cobbled Road and exit the Medieval City to continue with your vehicle. Your personal guide will be waiting for you right outside the gate. (Of course you will have his phone in case of design change)
• Next stop, the port of Mandraki, the main port of Rhodes. According to historians, the Colossus was erected on this site in 292 BC. A giant statue dedicated to the Sun God and described as one of the seven wonders of antiquity. A mix of different architectural styles that dominate the area is the island's heritage from Italian rule. Admire the impressive San Giovanni Cathedral as well as the iconic Rhodian deer guarding the harbor entrance.
• Next, cross the northern tip of the island and gaze at a spectacle of turquoise & blue colors that tie in with the sea. After a short walk you reach Mount Smith, the highest point of the city, where the wonderful view will be unforgettable. On the south side of the hill is the Acropolis of Rhodes of the Hellenistic period. Follow the path along the Temple of Apollo for a closer look at the ancient stadium.
• East Coast & Lindos
Leaving the city of Rhodes, you will head southeast, next to the most aristocratic beaches of the island. Anthony Quinn Bay View and Coffee Break. Optionally, you can visit a workshop to watch a potter on a wheel, an ancient art still practiced by the Rhodians to this day.
Arriving in Lindos the panoramic view is breathtaking. Your personal guide will stop at points overlooking the village and the citadel of Lindos, and will continue down to the bay of Agios Pavlos. A picturesque creek famous for the setting of the Oscar-winning film "Navarone's Weapons". In Lindos you have free time to explore the narrow alleys for shopping and refreshments. You should also choose to walk to the top of the Hill or use the so-called "Lindos Taxi" donkeys and visit the Acropolis of Lindos. You can admire first hand, the sanctuary of Lindia Athena, the Doric Stoa and the ruins of the Propylaea.
• Extensions: You can add more attractions / Lunch time / Beach time
• Return to the airport / cruise port / or your place of residence